Monday 23 April 2018

Sedition Wars: Vangaurd

To carry on my current sci-fi binge I again went back into my unfinished projects and fished out the remaining Vanguard soldiers from Sedition Wars.  There was a lot of moaning going on when people received these miniatures as I believe they are some of the first produced in the 'restic' material which meant they needed some relatively careful cleaning work (compared to hard plastic) however I have never had an issue with them and they are in fact some of my favourite sci-fi soldiers.  They are so flexible that they'll see action in not only Sedition Wars but Warpath/Deadzone, 40k, 7TV and Starfall (more on this later) to name but a few.
I wanted to give these minis a different paint job to my original batch to denote them as an elite unit however still have them look like they looked belonged to the same army so I used the same colour palette that I used before but only used the darker tones instead of going to a light blue and the coloured should pad was just something that felt right while the weaponry was painted the same.




For reference here is an old picture of the original paint job for the other Vanguard (you can see more of them in the very first post on this blog):


I'm going to keep going with these and paint up three Old Crow vehicles I didn't finish up for the Vanguard the first time round (three buggies), they'll match the vehicles in the picture above, then I'll paint up the four character models which make perfect heroes and give me a decent sized force to play with (though I have more Vanguard in the wings waiting to be started on).

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic! Those are very cool/flexible minis indeed. Great work and thanks for sharing! Excited to see them in play for Starfall!

    ReplyDelete